What To Expect On Your Appointment
IMPORTANT: IF YOU ANSWER YES TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PLEASE CALL US ON 01977 616480 AND POSTPONE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
If the phone is busy, please leave a message.
- Have you been diagnosed with Coronavirus in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone with a confirmed case in the last 14 days?
- Are you or your household self-isolating? For example: due to recent travel/ and or any of your household showing any symptoms?
- Have you currently got, or have you had in the past 14 days, any of the symptoms below?
- High temperature above 37.8 degrees centigrade.
- Persistent dry cough
- Persistent headache
- Become breathless or more breathless than usual
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
When you attend for your appointment:
IMPORTANT: PLEASE WEAR A FACE COVERING. (If you have not brought one, we can supply one).
Please knock and a nurse will be with you in a few minutes.
As you aware there has been a change in the way we work:
- Please arrive at your appointment time, please avoid arriving early. Please wait in your car until your allocated appointment time.
- If you are late for your appointment, we may not be able to see you.
- Please arrive for your appointment alone, as we will only allow a chaperone if you are under 18 or are vulnerable. If you are attending as a family/ couple, please could you arrive at the door individually, at your allocated appointment time.
- Please try not to bring anything unnecessary, for example a bag.
- We will take your temperature at the front door and give you hand sanitizer to use. If your temperature is above 37.8 degrees centigrade, we may have to triage via the phone but an assessment by us will be made at that time.
- We will escort you into the practice, ask you to confirm and sign your medical history on the Clinipad, and take you straight into the surgery (there may be times where you will be asked to sit in the waiting room for a very short period of time).
- We will ask you not to touch any door handles, as we will open them for you.
- When you arrive in the surgery, your clinician and nurse will be dressed in full PPE.
- We will not be able to shake your hand as you arrive in the surgery.
- The clinician will review your medical history.
- We may ask you to take a pre-treatment mouth rinse.
- We will then conduct the examination/ treatment.
- After your treatment you will be given hand sanitizer before leaving the surgery.
- You will then be met at the surgery door by a runner nurse who will escort you directly out of the building.
- We ask that any further appointments or payments are made via phone with card payments if possible.
- Our toilet will be out of use, but can be used if needed, please ask a member of staff if needed.