We hope you and your family have kept well through the Coronavirus Lockdown.
It has been a difficult time for all of us, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.
Practice now re-open
We are now open.
Although we were keen to get back to work as soon as possible, all dentists in the UK were limited by the availability of PPE. Supplies of this were diverted to the frontline, and we were waiting for the appropriate protection to be delivered. We have now been fit-tested for these masks.
We have implemented a new Standard Operating Procedure and have had extensive training for our team. This means we cannot see the same volume of patients as previously, because we are committed to an uncompromising standard of protection for you, and for our team. This means waiting times for appointments may be slightly longer than usual.
We have used the British Dental Association guidelines as a starting point. We are committed to providing everything we possibly can, for your absolute peace of mind.
Above and beyond the guidance, we have invested in:
- Radic 8 Virus-killer air filtration units, which eliminate 99.9999% of viruses in a single air pass.
- Fogging machine for rapid disinfection.
- Optima EOS 350 extraoral dental suction systems, which remove a high volume of droplets and aerosols produced during treatment.
- Perspex screens at reception.
- New wide-opening windows or all treatment rooms, for rapid ventilation.
- We have also put in place all measures for absolute safety for our team, such as FFP2 and FFP3 masks, and powered air purifying respirators for team members who prefer them. We have dedicated areas for PPE donning and doffing, with laundry facilities on site.
If you have an emergency please phone reception on 01977 616480. We will make the necessary arrangements for you to receive the most appropriate care.
Emergencies Outside Office Hours
Denplan patients have access to the 24-hour emergency service and can call 0800 844 999 if they have an emergency outside working hours.
All other patients should call NHS 111.
Please note these emergency contacts are for outside working hours only.
Please call reception on 01977 616480 if you have an emergency during office hours.
Severe Emergencies Outside Office Hours
Some dental problems are potentially life-threatening, such as uncontrolled bleeding or a swelling that is interfering with breathing, vision, or mouth opening.
If you have any of these problems you must go to A & E immediately.
Urgent Care Centres
Patients with Covid-19, and those self-isolating, cannot attend our practice. If you are in this category and require emergency treatment, you will be referred to an Urgent Care Centre, where you can be treated safely.
If you have an emergency please phone reception on 01977 616480. We will make the necessary arrangements.
Changes for Your Protection
There will be some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to protect you and our team:
- Please do not attend without an appointment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you will be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will allow greater time between patients, to reduce the number of patients in the reception area.
- If you show Coronavirus symptoms following your appointment booking, such as a new or continuous cough, a high temperature, or a loss or change to your sense of taste or smell, you should contact the practice by phone, and cancel your appointment.
- The exorbitant costs of PPE, and additional safety protocols, have caused significant concerns about the viability of dental practices across the UK. To be able to continue to provide an essential service, the dental industry is generally passing these costs onto their patients. At Rockingham House we are looking to absorb most of these costs and will only be asking you to pay a contribution towards PPE.
We will contact you with you beforehand to ask some Covid-19 screening questions:
(You will be asked the same questions again at your appointment)
- Have you been diagnosed with Coronavirus in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone with a confirmed case in the last 14 days?
- Are you or your household self-isolating? For example: due to recent travel and/or any of your household showing any symptoms?
- Have you currently got or have you had in the past 14 days, any of the symptoms below?
- High temperature above 37.8 degrees centigrade.
- Persistent dry cough
- Persistent headache
- Become breathless or more breathless than usual
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
On the day of your appointment:
- Please arrive at your appointment time, please avoid arriving early. Please wait in your car until your allocated appointment time.
- Please wear a mask or face covering to your appointment
- If you are late for your appointment, we may not be able to see you.
- Please arrive for your appointment alone (we will only allow a chaperone if you are under 18 or are vulnerable). If you do require a chaperone they will be provided with a mask.
- Please try not to bring anything unnecessary, for example a bag.
- We will take your temperature at the front door and give you hand sanitizer to use. If your temperature is above 37.8 degrees centigrade, we may have to triage via the phone but an assessment by us will be made at that time.
- We will escort you into the practice, ask you to confirm and sign your medical history on the Clinipad, and take you straight into the surgery (there may be times where you will be asked to sit in the waiting room for a very short period of time).
- We will ask you not to touch any door handles, as we will open them for you.
- When you arrive in the surgery, your clinician and nurse will be dressed in full PPE.
- We will not be able to shake your hand as you arrive in the surgery.
- The clinician will review your medical history.
- We will then conduct the examination/ treatment.
- After your treatment you will be given hand sanitizer before leaving the surgery.
- You will then be met at the surgery door by a runner nurse who will escort you directly out of the building.
- We ask that any further appointments or payments are made via phone with card payments if possible.
- Our toilet will be out of use, but can be used if needed, please ask a member of staff if needed.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
We look forward to seeing you as soon as we possibly can.
With best wishes to you.
Your Dental Team at Rockingham House